2018-12-31

Pull-Apart Dinner Rolls

I've been jonesing for these staples of my childhood (always store-bought) and used a recipe from King Arthur Flour which turned out pretty well. I used their cups and measured the grams and milliliters recorded here so it will be easier for me to repeat.


3 1/2 C    535 g  Flour, King Arthur all purpose
    2 tsp    7 g  Yeast
  1/4 C     16 g  Potato Flakes (instant mashed potatoes)
    3 Tbs   18 g  Nonfat Dry Milk
    1 Tbs   16 g  Sugar
1 1/2 tsp   12 g  Salt, Kosher
    4 Tbs   55 g  Butter, melted
  2/3 C    160 ml Water, luke warm
  1/2 C    120 ml Milk, whole, luke warm

Mix all ingredients and knead 10 minutes. I had to add extra water to get a soft smooth dough, but it was still more stiff than my usual enriched bread dough.
Rise in covered bowl or bucket 60-90 minutes until doubled.
Divide into 16 pieces, and roll each into a ball.
Place 8 each into 2 8-inch round cake tins; I used an angel food tin with the center post taking up some of the space.


Cover and rise another 60-90 minutes until doubled and rolls begin to touch.
Bake at 325F convection for about 35 minutes until well browned.
Brush with additional melted butter, let rest a minute to absorb, and tip out onto cooling rack.


No comments:

Post a Comment